Monday, April 18, 2005

Inspired Scripture for the Day

Doctrine & Covenants 45:1-5, 33-42

1. Hearken, O ye people of my church, to whom the kingdom has been given; hearken ye and give ear to him who laid the foundation of the earth, who made the heavens and all the hosts thereof, and by whom all things were made which live, and move, and have a being.
2. And again I say, hearken unto my voice, lest death shall overtake you; in an hour when ye think not the summer shall be past, and the harvest ended, and your souls not saved.
3. Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him-
4. Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well please; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5. Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life
.......
33. And there shall be earthquakes also in diverse places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.
34. And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled.
35. And I said unto them; Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.
36. And when the light shall begin to break forth, it shall be with them like unto a parable which I will show you -
37. Ye look and behold the fig trees, and ye see them with your eyes, and ye say when they begin to shoot forth, and their leaves are yet tender, that summer is now nigh at hand;
38. Even so it shall be in that day when they shall see all these things, then shall they know that the hour is nigh.
39. And it shall come to pass that he feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man.
40. And they shall see signs and wonders, for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath.
41. And they shall behold blood, and fire, and vapors of smoke.
42. And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven.